Open a web browser and...
- Sign into webmail by visiting http://webmail.emailsrvr.com and using your full email address for your username.
- In the top right corner click the stack of three white horizontal bars next to your name and select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Spam Settings menu on the left of the pop-up window.
- Click on the Safelist tab.
- Click Add
- Decide if you should add an individual's email address or the entire domain (see below).
Should I add the entire domain or just one address?
If you receive email from your friend Jared and his email address is firstname.lastname@example.org then you should enter his full email address: email@example.com.
If you just started working with a new client called LilNibletsBoutique.com then you should consider adding the entire domain name like this: @lilnibletsboutique.com.
Why? Since it's a small company you may be talking to multiple people during your business deal and you want to make sure you get email from anyone at that domain name.
However, if you just started a contract with someone from Microsoft.com you may want to add individual email addresses as you go. Microsoft has thousands of email accounts, newsletters, blogs, etc and if you open your mailbox up to everyone at that domain you may find yourself wading through more emails than necessary.
Why shouldn't I add domains like Hotmail, Yahoo or Google to my Safelist?
If you add entire domain names from free email providers then anyone that sends you email from that domain will go to your Inbox - spam or not.
Spammers frequently create multiple accounts with those free services in order to spam people.
Add individual email addresses such as firstname.lastname@example.org instead of full domains like @yahoo.com.
I need to import lots of email addresses at once. Can you help?
Yes! Simply send us your exported contact list or even just a list of email addresses and we can import them for you.
Or follow these instructions to add email addresses and domains to your safelist: http://www.rackspace.com/apps/support/portal/1503
Please sign in to leave a comment.